The backbone of RDC and what we achieve as a post-secondary institution is a result of the impact and value that our people bring each day to support the mission, vision and values of RDC.
We are all here to support the successes of our knowledge-hungry students in their studies, as well as their career aspirations and life's achievements as proud RDC alumni. Our valued employees are also proud to support our surrounding communities - in central Alberta, our province and beyond.
Red Deer College's President, Dr. Peter Nunoda, is accountable to the RDC Board of Governors for providing strategic leadership and vision, inspiring innovation and creativity as well as fostering dedication, collaboration and accountability to ensure that the College’s mandate is achieved.
RDC's Leadership Principles
- We are guided by our values: exploration, excellence, inclusiveness, accountability, community and integrity
- We share leadership and encourage individual and team expertise and initiative
- We encourage personal well-being and continuous development for all members of our learning community
- We treat each other with respect and foster trusting relationships
- We communicate openly and promote dialogue to build understanding and knowledge
- We use fair process in decision making, balancing consultation and timely action
- We recognize and celebrate contribution and accomplishment
- We expect creativity, innovation, and risk-taking
- We recognize and connect the work of everyone to the success of our learning community
- We share responsibility for making RDC a great place to learn and work