Red Deer College is a leading provider of testing services, corporate training and professional development solutions in central Alberta. Our clients range from small, privately-owned companies to multinational corporations, across industries and across the globe. We have helped each of these organizations by taking an innovative, client-centered approach to designing customized training solutions and professional development courses to address their unique business challenges.
- Corporate Training Solutions
- Conferences and Event Services
- Professional Development Courses
- Testing Services
Funding for qualifying employee training programs is available through the Canada-Alberta Job Grant.
Corporate Training Solutions
Our team is committed to take a truly client-centered approach. What does client-centered mean? To us – it means we build in the time to learn about your organization and its unique objectives. We use that understanding to design and deliver customized training solutions that will help build your team and equip them to support your organization’s objectives.
Training Needs Assessment | understand the challenge to define the opportunities.
Identifying the opportunities to build your team that will lead to meaningful results
Design | customized training to meet your needs.
Customized training programs designed to meet your organization’s objectives
Deliver | on-camps, on-site, online, on your time.
You want your employees to get training, but the time and place don't always line up with your day-to-day operations. Our team will work with you to customize your training delivery. While a number of our clients enjoy attending training programs at RDC’s Main Campus and staying at our on-campus accommodations, our team will work with you to determine the best delivery method for your organization.
Evaluate | measure what matters
Evaluating the retention and application of knowledge helps ensure your team is developing the skill sets that your organization needs
We specialize in entry to mid-level leadership and managerial training, as well as the following staff development areas:
- Management Skills for Supervisors
- Executive & Leadership Coaching
- Project Management
- Computer & Microsoft Office Training
- Accounting & Finance
- Industry Training in 14 Trades Areas
Connect with ource [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca (subject: Corporate%20Training%20Solutions%20Inquiry) ( Continuing Education) team to learn more about our approach and how to start building your team with RDC or by phone at 403.356.4900
Central Alberta Testing at Red Deer College is an accredited exam writing facility that offers exam administration and supervision services for a variety of individuals, business, organizations and credentialing agencies. Below is a sample of the testing services we offer:
- Individual and group testing
- GED testing
- English Proficiency: CELPIP testing & CAEL testing
- CWB welding testing
- "B" Pressure welding certification course
- "B" Pressure welding testing
- Employment and professional accreditation testing
- Online or paper exams
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday during the day; and Thursday evenings
Starting at $65/ test sitting; and $55 / test sitting for RDC Alumni
*Please note fees may vary depending on the level of service required
Visit our Test Centre or connect with ource [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca (subject: Testing%20Services) ( Continuing Education) team to learn more about testing services and exam invigilation services or by phone at 403.356.4900
Our Career Services team can help you connect with talented students for work-integrated-learning and practicum opportunities, summer and part-time employment, or post grad job placement.
- Employer Spotlights provide employers an opportunity to meet one-on-one to recruit students and advertise employment opportunities
- Several scheduled dates to choose from as well the option to find an alternate date that works best for your organization
Education and Career Fair
- Please note, at this time there are no tentatively scheduled Education and Career Fairs
The RDC Career Centre Job Board is a recruiting website that is accessible to our current students, Red Deer College Alumni, and the general public. Jobs are posted for 30 days. As our community continues to acknowledge and acclimate to the implications of COVID-19, RDC Career Services recognizes the importance of collaboration to support our region through the economic challenges associated with this crisis. We have implemented a COVID-19 Fee Waiver for the Career Services Job Board, beginning April 1 and reevaluated each month. When you create your posting, you'll simply see a $0 charge . If a fee is reintroduced, we'll notify current employers of that change before implementing it. Not For Profit employers will continue to select such designation, and sustain a waived fee.
RDC Career Centre Job Board instructions
- Select Employer Log In on the right hand side of the screen
- New Employers
- Click on Create new account tab, fill in the required fields. Then Click the “Create new account” button at the bottom of the page to save your account
- A validation email will be sent to you, after you have validated your account you can create an employer profile.
- You can not create a job posting until you have created your employer prfofile.
- Click create one now
- Fill in the required fields
- Click save
- Select Employer Profiles Tab.
- To create your job posting select Manage Job, Create your posting and save as draft.
- To complete your posting go to the post job tab and follow the instructions.
Connect with us by employmentservices [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca (subject: Recruitment%20inquiry) (email )or call 403.343.4097