Your stay on campus doesn’t have to be boring: lace up your shoes, venture out and explore!
We have everything you need to have a safe, enjoyable stay right on our main campus. During your stay at Red Deer College, you can enjoy a wide range of sports and recreation activities and dining options without even having to leave the campus.
Find your way around our campus here.
Being away from home doesn’t mean you have to be away from your fitness routine. We have a plethora of fitness options to keep you moving!
Grab your gym bag and racket and head over to the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre for a visit to the Collicutt Performance Fitness Zone, equipped with brand new fitness equipment, weights and squash courts. Try to beat your personal best with a run on the 100 m or 200 m track or challenge yourself through a guided fitness class; either way, we would love to have you join us.
The Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre has facilities to provide our community members with some fantastic drop-in opportunities. If you hold a Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre membership, all drop-in fitness activities are included with your membership. If you are a guest with us and are not a membership holder, you can pay as you go!
If you are visiting us during the summer, consider our drop-in class options. Located in the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre, our Group Fitness registered classes are available from September – April.
While you are here, why not train with one of our Red Deer College certified CSEP-CPT trainers? Our trainers are committed to helping you reach your personal goals, whether it’s to get fit, learn proper exercise techniques or for a race!
One-On-One Training: RDC is pleased to offer individual training sessions or group training sessions. Prices below are based on a 60-minute session.
Cost: $65 per session, with packages available for multiple sessions
Group Training: You may wish to share a training session with up to four individuals who have similar training and fitness goals as yourself. Prices below are based on a 60-minute session.
Cost: $45 per session, with packages available for multiple sessions
If you are considering what to bring along with you for your stay on campus, consider bringing your skates or squash racquet. For a small fee, you can enjoy either one of these recreational activities and get your circulation pumping.
Have fun and get a great workout with public skating in the Arena at the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre. Our Gord Bamford Foundation Skate Lounge - located next to the Arena - is the perfect place to lace up, rest up, and chat it up with fellow ice skaters.
Cost: $3 per person per visit
- There is drop-in public skating for all ages
- Children under the age of eight require the direct supervision of a person 16+ years of age
- Skate rentals are not available
- Helmets are strongly recommended
- Sticks (pucks and rings) are only allowed during specific blocks
Squash is an exciting, fast-moving indoor sport that offers an excellent full-body workout. Get your sweat on in one of our four Larkaun Homes Squash Courts located in the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre.
Cost: Free for members; $10 per hour per participant for non-members
- Those wishing to book a squash court must create a Perfect Mind user account
- Squash court bookings are available on the hour for an hour
- Squash goggles and balls are available for purchase at Guest Services for $6 each
- You can rent squash rackets for $5 per hour
- Please review the squash court conditions of use, to ensure an equitable, safe and enjoyable experience for all.
Tons of options on the main campus to serve you better.
Whether you would like to grab a quick bite or sit down for a meal, we’ve got an on-campus dining option for you. From September to April, all food services are running at full capacity, and during the summer from May to August, we run a little leaner. Be sure to check out Red Deer College’s food services hours of operation before you head out!
Main Campus dining options include:
- 2Mato | enjoy a wide variety of delicious pizzas.
- CREATE Grill | start your day well with a diverse breakfast menu, or enjoy stir-fries and burgers for lunch.
- FarSide Bar & Grill | convenient for when you need a break, a bite to eat or just a place to relax. The FarSide opens early for breakfast and offers a lunch and supper menu. Watch for pub nights and live entertainment throughout the year.
- ON THE GO 2.0 | for people on the run, a selection of ready-made fresh salads and sandwiches are available.
- Subway | treat your taste buds to Subway's full menu for lunch.
- Starbucks | this is a full-service Starbucks. Enjoy!
- The Lift | a convenience store just inside the main doors that sell items such as muffins, coffee, subs, and chips. The Lift also sells bus passes and maps, pain relievers, quick lunch ideas and more. Open Monday - Saturday.
- Tim Hortons (located in the Red Deer Bottling Forum) | a full Tim Hortons menu awaits you, filled with your favourite meals, snacks, coffees, teas and other beverages.
- Tim Hortons Express | a self-serve kiosk for coffee and tea, as well as a selection of pastries, muffins and donuts, makes this a perfect pit stop in between classes.
Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre dining options include:
- Dimension Cafe | create your own sandwiches or stir-fries; enjoy snacks such as nachos, popcorn, and hot dogs; choose from a selection of vegetarian, chicken or beef burgers; and quench your thirst with delicious smoothies, coffee, tea, water, juices and more.
- Fan Favourites Concession | serves snacks such as nachos, popcorn, and hot dogs and burgers, as well as a variety of beverage options.
Need a little extra space during your on-campus stay? We can help!
Looking to book a larger space to work or play? Contact us today to find the perfect spot. We have the following spaces available:
- Teaching and training spaces
- Work spaces
- Study spaces
Multiple lots across our main campus means we’ve got lots of parking for our visitors.
Red Deer College is pleased to provide guests of any of our Main Campus, Arts Centre and Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre venues with complimentary parking on weekends, statutory holidays and weekdays after 5:00 pm.
For a nominal fee, those visiting our main campus weekdays from 8:00 am – 5: 00 pm can pay to park in any of our unreserved lots. Visitors can pay for parking at one of four payment kiosks located inside the main building beside the security desk, in the Arts Centre foyer, in the east-wing of our main campus near the security desk, and the entrance at the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Center.
Cost: $2 per hour to a maximum of $10 per day for unreserved lots; $1 for 30 minutes in the short-term parking area
- Parking kiosks require your license plate number
- Parking kiosks accept loonies, toonies or credit cards (bills and debit cards are not accepted)
- Complimentary parking is not available in the short-term, Bethany Collegeside, or Lot K parking areas.
Guests attending events at our Downtown Campus or the Welikoklad Event Centre will need to pay to park in any of The City of Red Deer’s Downtown parking lots.