Why Study at RDC
Learning at RDC
RDC’s programs are led by expert instructors who care, with practical and applied learning opportunities that allow students to gain experiences for the real world. Class sizes are small across the majority of programs, which means that students establish meaningful relationships with their instructors and their peers.
Why International Students Love RDC
- Red Deer College is a public comprehensive community college and is recognized by the Government of Canada as a Designated Learning Institution that offers programs eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP).
- Small class sizes
- Focus on hands-on learning
- Focus on employability of graduates
- Modern and high-quality facilities
- Fantastic student services, such as:
- Lower cost of living compared to larger Canadian cities
Getting to know RDC
The College has served learners for 56 years, creating a strong foundation for us to continue expanding and evolving our programs and opportunities.
Here is a quick look at RDC:
- 7,500 full- and part-time students
- 96% of graduates are satisfied with the quality of their education
- 92% of graduates find employment within 6 months of graduation
In addition, RDC’s main campus features new world-class facilities, including a teaching, learning and athletic centre. Main campus also features a new Residence building, dynamic performing arts facilities, an innovative Alternative Energy Lab and a wide variety of spaces to study and socialize.
RDC has two campuses: main campus and downtown campus, both located in Red Deer. RDC’s main campus is a picturesque place to learn and live, with 290 acres – almost 120 hectares – that includes state-of-the-art facilities surrounded by nature and trails.