Advanced Management Certificate
This new program is the next step for graduates of the Management Skills for Supervisors Certificate and is a great compliment to the Leadership Development Certificate. Managers who are interested in learning technical skills, such as: financial analysis, project management, and strategic planning, will benefit from this program by gaining the tools needed to lead their organization through the current complex business environment.
You will learn
- To analyze financial statements and make capital budgeting decisions
- The basic concepts to bring projects to life, manage them throughout their lifecycle, and bring them through to completion
- To use analytical tools and problem-solving skills to develop a model strategic plan
- HR strategies in recruitment, orientation, development, and performance that contribute to long term organizational success and reduce overall costs
- To map out how work is being performed, where improvements can be made, and how to implement those improvements
- Complete all 5 core courses to complete the Certificate, or take individual courses as independent learning opportunities
- Core courses: Essentials of Finance, Applied Project Management, Strategic Planning, HR for Managers, and Business Process Mapping
This program qualifies for government funding. Enroll one or more employees in the program and pay only one-third of the cost with the Canada-Alberta Job Grant! Apply at least 30 days in advance.