Business Certificates & Workshops
Business has evolved into an exciting and fulfilling world of opportunity. Get the training you want in the timeframe you need with these brand new learning experiences.
Get the information you need to increase your productivity, advance your soft skills and enhance your workplace culture in a matter of hours with these brand new learning opportunities. Jam-packed with tips and tricks for current workplace dilemmas, upskill yourself and your team with these relevant, bite-sized learning opportunities!
You will learn
- Tools to create presentations and documents that are informative and persuasive
- Strategies to prepare for, moderate, and follow-up after meetings
- To recognize the difference between ineffective and effective writing
- The difference between an email, memo, and letter, and when it is appropriate to use each
- Tactics to speak confidently and effectively during presentations and public speaking opportunities
|Effective Business Writing|
|Effective Emails, Memos, and Letters|
|Effective Public Speaking|
Creativity in Teams and Organizations (5 course hours)
- Learn how to move from innovation to commercialization and explore some of the internal responses to the need for creativity, including idea champions, idea incubators, new venture teams, and skunkworks.
Emotional Intelligence for Managers (3 course hours)
- Learn to identify and control your emotions and build positive relationships with your team, colleagues, and company executives. Understanding emotional intelligence can lead to effective conflict management and more robust connections within teams.
HR Fundamentals (3 course hours)
- This course equips managers with foundational HR knowledge in employee recruitment and selection, onboarding and training, compensation, and performance management.
Introduction to Critical Thinking (7 course hours)
- Learn to ask the right questions, critique an argument, and logically dissect issues with this introductory-level course designed to help learners develop critical thinking and reasoning skills.
Introduction to Management (10 course hours)
- Learn the fundamental tools, techniques, skills, and competencies that managers need to navigate workplace relationships, mentor employees, and lead high-performing teams under HR laws and managerial best practices.
Selling Like a Pro (3 course hours)
- Gain valuable insight into the world of sales with this online course based on Inc. Magazine's prize-winning editorial content. Learn through real-world examples, how-to lists and advice, interactive games, and review questions presented by industry-leading practitioners and subject matter experts.
- Register for a full certificate or complete individual workshops as stand-alone learning opportunities
- Course work is available online 24/7
- Once you begin each module or workshop, you will have 90 days to complete it (with the full Certificate in Business Communication, you have one year)
- Course work includes case studies, video content, interactive learning, and readings
- All software resources are available within each online course
- Use the "Ask an Expert" feature to ask questions and receive answers from an industry expert
Canada-Alberta Job Grant: Companies - enroll one or more employees in the program and pay only one-third of the tuition! Apply at least 30 days in advance.
How to Register
Registration is available online 24/7. Both Visa and Mastercard payments are accepted. If you are a business organization looking to register one or more employees, ce [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca (subject: Company%20Profile%20Request) (contact us) for information on setting up a Company Profile.
- Click to Register Now
- Create an account
- Choose your course and "add to cart"
- Click "Checkout"
- Pay online with a credit card