First Aid & Basic Life Saving Certifications
Designed for health care professionals and trained first responders, Basic Life Support (BLS) is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. In this one-day course, learners gain the knowledge and practical experience to recognize life-threatening emergencies and provide high-quality care.
You will learn
- Single-rescuer and team basic life support skills
- CPR for adults, children, and infants
- To give proper chest compressions and ventilation
- To use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Team dynamics in emergency situations
- Saturday mornings, on-campus at RDC
- Full certification course includes videos, discussions, and hands-on practice
- Re-certification course includes brief concept reviews and hands-on practice
- Learners should wear comfortable clothing and come prepared to move around
- No additional homework time is required
- Course manual is provided in class and included in the registration fee
- Certification is granted by the Heart & Stroke Foundation
|Heart & Stroke Basic Life Saving Certification (5 course hours)|
|Heart & Stroke Basic Life Saving Re-Certification (2.5 course hours)|
How to Register
Registration is available online 24/7. Both Visa and Mastercard payments are accepted. If you are a business or organization looking to register one or more employees, ce [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca (subject: Company%20Profile%20Request) (contact us) for information on setting up a Company Profile.
- Click to Register Now
- Create an account
- Choose your course and "add to cart"
- Click "Checkout"
- Pay online with a credit card