English for Academic Purposes - Domestic
This program prepares landed immigrants, refugees, and new Canadians with the required knowledge, skills, and attitudes to succeed in further academic programs and entry-level careers in Alberta.
This two-term Certificate program is composed of three courses that prepare learners to advance their English skills from Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 6/IELTS 5 to CLB 7/ IELTS 6 and complete an English 30-1 equivalent. Upon completing this Certificate, learners are ready to enter into all other academic upgrading courses required for their academic program of choice.
Are you an English language learner? Use the Entrance Education Tool to find out the best program fit for your goals and English language level.
Are you coming to RDC from outside of Canada? Learn more about English language training for international learners.
You will learn
- English language skills to progress from CLB 6 to CLB 7 and complete a course equivalent to English 30-1
- The skills to enter a post-secondary academic program of choice
- Reading, listening, writing, and speaking skills within Canadian post-secondary learning environments
- Cross-cultural awareness
- To understand the value of diverse ideas, perspectives, and world views
- Learn in-person, on-campus at RDC
- Course work includes lectures, assignments, exams, presentations, essay writing, and research projects
- Additional homework time is required outside of class times
- Learners will be required to purchase their textbooks. Further information will be provided prior to the program start date.
|English for Academic Purposes Level 1|
|English for Academic Purposes Level 2|
Alberta Works grant funding is available to eligible adult learners enrolled in this program. Learn more about Alberta Works funding and eligibility criteria.
How to Apply
Download and complete this application form and submit it with required English language documentation to the Division of Extended Education via email at ce [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca.