COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
UPDATE (May 5, 2021): Here is further information about how the recently enhanced Alberta COVID-19 health measures will impact operations at RDC:
For at least the next three weeks:
- Labs and shops have been approved to continue face-to-face. At RDC, this means in-person labs can continue, including within the School of Health Sciences and the School of Arts and Sciences. Students enrolled in RDC’s apprenticeship programs can attend in-person shops, while theory will be delivered online only.
- Courses within these Schools will move to online delivery only for at least the next three weeks, if they weren’t already being delivered as such
- Clinical placements, practicums, and field schools are able to continue in-person as currently delivered. Alberta Health Services has committed to continue health-related clinical placements and practicums. Other partner organizations and sponsoring agencies can determine whether students will continue their learning opportunities.
- RDC's Schools are working through these situations on an individual basis to best support our students’ learning outcomes
- All courses within RDC’s School of Continuing Education will be delivered in an online format only
For food services and other logistics:
- Individuals who attend campus for labs, shops, or work, must eat by themselves
- As a reminder, the FarSide Grill remains open for takeout orders only
- The Students’ Association has adjusted their hours as follow, until further notice:
- Far Side Grill: Monday – Friday | 8:00 am - 1:30 pm | Take-out only
- Students' Association Office (for lockers and other inquiries):
- Tuesday – Thursday | 10:00 am – 2:00 pm | By appointment only
- The Loft: remains closed until further notice
- After reviewing public health measures relating to retail operations, RDC’s Campus Store will adapt operations as follows:
- Online purchases are available 24/7 by visiting rdc.ab.ca/campusstore
- Curbside pickup services are available (details will be provided by Campus Store team members at the time of ordering items)
- The Campus Store is open for in-person shopping, to help accommodate anyone who is attending campus for courses or work. The store will continue to adhere to current public health measures limiting the number of people who are permitted in the store at one time to 10 per cent of fire code capacity
- Child care services remain unchanged
Based on the updated information, the following entrances will be open for access to main campus:
- Main entrance
- East entrance to Four Centres building
- Entrance closest to RDC’s Child Care Centre, as this service area remains open
UPDATE (May 4, 2021): Tonight, Premier Kenney announced additional public health measures to help curb the spread of COVID-19 across our province.
Among the measures, all course and service delivery at RDC (and all post-secondary institutions) must shift immediately to online delivery only for at least the next three weeks, pending future updates from the Government.
If you’re enrolled in an in-person class, please don’t come to campus. Instructors will contact students to provide information about courses.
To contact a staff member in one of RDC's Service departments for online assistance, please visit our Service Updates webpage for details.
Our community matters to us. As RDC responds to the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to follow health and government directives while making decisions to ensure our students and College community are safe and well served.
Learning at RDC
Following Alberta Health and enhanced RDC protocols, our College is offering a mix of online, in-person and blended programs and services.
Returning to Campus
The following links provide important resources for what students, employees and guests need to do before coming to campus, as well as training that you will need to complete.
Fall 2021 Term Update (March 29, 2021) - RDC is excited to safely welcome more students back on campus in the Fall term. We will continue to provide online, blended, and hy-flex learning opportunities for students, wherever possible. We will also offer select programs through a blended format, with some courses offered online and some (such as labs, shops and seminars) on-site, where required... read more
Supporting Health and Wellness
We have compiled a list of helpful resources related to COVID-19, with everything from Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services links to mental health resources.
Mon-Fri 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Main Phone: 403.342.3400
Toll-free: 1.888.732.4630 (in Canada only)
Email: inquire [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
RDC Main Campus Location
100 College Boulevard | Box 5005
Red Deer, Alberta | T4N 5H5