Heather MacLean, MEd
Heather has a Master of Education in Counselling Psychology and is a Canadian Certified Counsellor with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
Her approach is client-centered, supportive, and strength-based. She works collaboratively with students to help them find skills to overcome their challenges at their own pace using a variety of approaches including Trauma Informed, Narrative, and DBT.
Heather has worked in the post-secondary sector and non-profit organizations for more than 10 years.
- Master of Education in Counselling Psychology, University of Western Ontario
- BA (Honours in Psychology), St. Thomas University
- Canadian Certified Counsellor
Mental Health and Well-Being
Mindfulness and Self-Compassion
Compassion Fatigue and Burnout
Trauma and Abuse
Korotkov, D., McLean, H., & Hamilton, L. (2011). Predicting leisure satisfaction: A comparative analysis of the agency and communion model with the five-factor model of personality. The American Association of Behavioral and Social Sciences Journal, 15, 1–20.
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- The Association of Counselling Therapy of Alberta