Linnea Vendittelli, BHSc
Linnea strives to educate and inspire others to create a supportive and collaborative environment.
She provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary to help those experiencing mental health problems, and is a strong facilitator in mental health literacy programs, such as the Mental Health Commission of Canada's Mental Health First Aid and the Alberta Health Services Community Helpers Program.
Linnea is an ambassador and advocate for student, faculty, and staff wellness and support. She organizes special events on campus and creates interactive and engaging visuals to promote mental health awareness and resources.
- Bachelor of Health Science (Biomedical Health Science Major, Psychology Minor), University of Northern British Columbia
- Mental Health First Aid Instructor, Mental Health Commission of Canada
- The Inquiring Mind, Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Mental Health First Aid
- The Inquiring Mind
- Alberta Communitea Helpers Program
- Happiness Basics
- Anxiety to Calm
Mount Royal University. (2020). Tools for success: Models for exemplary student mental health initiatives at Alberta post-secondary institutions. Healthy Campus Alberta. https://www.healthycampusalberta.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Tools-for-Success-Mental-Health-Toolkit.pdf
Vendittelli, Linnea M. (2020). Communitea: Program implementation [Powerpoint slides]. Residence Life Professional Association of Western Canada.
Vendittelli, Linnea M. (2018). Stress management & self-care [Powerpoint slides]. CPHR Alberta.
Professional and/or RDC Leadership
• Chair, Make Some Time RDC Working Group
• Representative, International Student Supports Framework Working Group
• Representative, Red Deer College and Alberta Health Services Addiction Education Coalition
• Member, Healthy Campus Alberta Community of Practice
• Member, Central Alberta Regional Collaborative Services Post-Secondary Mental Health Committee
• Collaboration with Cams Kids
• Volunteer work with Jack.org